General information about valves
• Face to face: is measured from outside flange to the outside of the flange.
• Pitch: is measured from the outside of the bolt hole to the inside of the opposite bolt hole (diagonal)
• With angle globe valves the face to face is measured from the bottom of the inlet flange till
The middle of the outlet.
• A non-return valve is also called a screw down non-return valve, when the valve has a hand wheel.
- JIS: means Japanese Industrial Standard.
- DIN: means Deutsche Industrie Norm
- ANSI: means American National Standard Institute.
• A swing check valve can be installed horizontally and vertically.
But when installed vertically the flow must be upwards.
• Storm valves are installed to the shipside and mostly need a Class approval.
- 3.1 MB certificate: is a mill certificate.
- ABS certificate: is a Class certificate of the American Bureau of Shipping.
- SOLAS: means safety of life at sea. It is not a certificate but an advisement of the Minimum required standards.
• Bronze valves are mainly used onboard of tankers.
There are no Items.
There are no Items that match your filter.
Clear the filter to see all Items.